Treat your dog for fleas a measure to be renewed every year. He who saves your doggie, like you, a lot of trouble. There are several ways to do it, between necklaces, sprays, shampoos, pipettes … It’s not always easy to find! That’s why we’ve selected the best in each category in our special guide dog flea control.
Different flea treatments for dogs
Just as cats need to be treated for fleas, dogs are prime targets for these tiny pests. In this guide, we will present the different typess treatments flea control for dogs :
- Preventive treatments:
It should be applied before the flea infestation to keep them away from your pet.
- Spot-on pipettes: these are small vials that are poured onto your dog’s skin. The best place to use it is the neck because it is not ledear, the effect spreads throughout your pet’s body.
- The collar: impregnated with active substances with long release, this accessory gives your dog long-term protection. With such a thing anti-fleait is not necessary to treat it every month.
- Curative treatments:
It is used on dogs whose fur has not been captured by these small animals. So we see:
- The spray
- The shampoo.
they very efficient and fast. They are interesting in the event of a large invasion
How do I choose my flea repellent for dogs?
You like to take care of your dog by making him homemade treats or even a comfortable and soft carpet, but when it comes to taking care of his health, it is not easy to navigate between the different types of products! To choose your flea control for dogsit is important to consider these two criteria:
- Product type: there are different types ofdog flea control with different applications. In addition, some will be used as a preventive measure and so on curative. So we have selected several products so that you can find the one that best suits your pet’s needs.
- Animal size: as every dog is different, you will find in our guide products for all sizes.
Discover our selection of the best products right away in our special guide dog flea control !
- Doghouse: the best models to shelter your pet
- What dog mat to buy?
Flea and scratch spray for dogs – Frontline
This emergency flea spray will rid your pet of parasites in no time.
- Type of flea repellent: spray
- Capacity: 500ml
- For all dogs, also suitable for cats
Our opinion:If your dog is infested with fleas, now is the time to use this spray! It works directly and has the advantage of completely covering your animal’s body. It also works on puppies and kittens.
Usage tips:Before use, put on gloves, then spray hair spray and rub to improve skin contact. For your dog’s head, do not spray directly, put the product in the palm of your hand and rub avoiding the eyes and mouth. For the product to be effective, two sprays per kg are enough, and four are needed if your pet has long hair. This treatment can be completed using anti-flea pipettes.
Price: €29.60 (500ml)
Anti-flea pipette for dogs – Frontline Tri-Act
These control pipettes prevent fleas but also ticks, mosquitoes, flies and biting flies.
- Type of anti-flea: pipettes.
- Capacity: 3 pipettes of 4 ml.
- Dog size: 20 to 40 kg.
- availablen.t for all men.
Our opinion:The pipette is primarily a preventive treatment. It protects for up to four weeks, to keep fleas away from your dog. It works very quickly because if these pests are already in your animal, it eliminates them before they have time to lay eggs. We love this product because it also works against ticks, mosquitoes, flies and flies.
Usage tips:Empty all the contents of the pipette in two different places: at the base of the neck and between the shoulder blades. Then, let it work, the product will spread itself.
Flea collar for dogs – Seresto
Getting rid of fleas is never easy. Put this collar on your pet and voila!
- Anti-flea type: collar.
- Duration of use: 7 to 8 months
- For dogs of 8 kg and more.
Our opinion:This preventive collar works against fleas and their larvae but also against ticks. Its main advantage? It keeps pests away from your pooch for 7 to 8 months! This is a great alternative if you don’t have the time or means to treat your pet every month.
Usage tips:Place the collar around your dog’s neck leaving two finger gaps so your pet is not too tight. If the collar protrudes more than 2 cm after the last loop, you can cut off the excess.
Anti-flea shampoo for dogs – Beaphar
Get your dog rid of fleas without breaking the bank with this anti-flea shampoo.
- Type of anti-flea: shampoo
- Capacity: 200ml
- No pesticides and chemical insecticides
- Effective against fleas, lice and lice
- For all dogs
Our opinion: C.This shampoo is great if your pet is infested with fleas, lice and even lice. Once applied, the parasites cannot move and they cannot move. All you have to do is brush your animal to make them fall. Designed based onAloe vera, known for its benefits to the epidermis, respects the skin of humans and your dog.
Usage tips:Wet your pet and then apply the shampoo all over its body surface. Massage the coat for two minutes and leave for five minutes then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.