WhatsApp has always been used as a means of communication in a professional environment. Many users thus hold sensitive information that should not fall into the wrong hands. Admittedly, it is difficult to manage this type of data. But fortunately, you can protect them effectively thanks to a careful little trick. It is also useful for hiding your private conversations, but also photos, videos, audio and other files you want to secure. As a bonus, you don’t have to delete the conversation, you can access it anytime!
We can say that this application is literally changing the instant messaging landscape. With WhatsApp, you can send text messages, voice notes, photos, videos, and other stickers to anyone. It is also possible to share Word and PDF files with your colleagues, to make normal or video calls with your friends. However, the problem is that all of these features sometimes contain sensitive data, whether professional or private. Many users fear that their personal chats will be exposed to curious or even malicious people. Of course, even though we keep an eye on our mobile phone, sometimes we lower our vigilance and we pay less attention. So, in this article, we reveal to you a very interesting feature that can help you temporarily hide some specific conversations. And the good thing is, you don’t have to download or pay for any external app. This method works perfectly on all devices, whether it is from Android or Apple.
WhatsApp recently updated its archive option so that it can no longer be automatically disabled. Users just need to check that the button (to resume archived chats) is active.
To hide conversations, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the WhatsApp app.
- Find the conversation you want to hide.
- Hold your finger for a few seconds on it (without entering) and click the icon at the top (archived button), to the left of the three dots.
- Once you’ve clicked, you’ll notice the chat disappears from the archives, you’ll find your conversation in this section there (which isn’t deleted, don’t worry!).
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the conversation you want to hide.
- Hold your finger for a few seconds in the conversation (without entering it) and click the “Archive” option.
The conversation will be immediately transferred to another archived folder that is also in WhatsApp. It should be clarified that in the case of the iPhone, if you receive messages from this recipient, you will not receive any notification, so there is no way that anyone will notice it.
For those who don’t know, Android Auto is a very popular gadget that displays your applications on the car screen, so you don’t have your smartphone in your hand and stay focused while driving.
With this alternative, you can easily control many functions such as navigation, calls, text messages, music and more.
To have the app read your messages, follow these steps:
- Use the Google Assistant voice commands in Android Auto and say, “Hey Google, read my WhatsApp messages.”
- The assistant will read the last message you received after the notification.
- From the screen, you just need to click on the notification.
- If your car has steering wheel controls designed by the manufacturer to operate Android Auto, you need to press the play button.
Read also WhatsApp Adds 5 Must Have New Features That Many Have Not Yet Discovered