Guard dogs, sporty or calm dogs, all dogs have unique qualities. Others are unique because of their particularly developed hunting instinct. What is different about hunting dogs?
It’s nice to be able to share your love with your four -legged friend. Others dog breeds make good companions rally.
Why choose a different hunting dog?
Each dog has a different trait, size or specificity depending on its breed or origin.
There are small and large hunting dogs, such as the Dachshund or Irish Greyhound. But also more calm and thoughtful breeds like the Weimaraner or more active like Jack Russel.
There are five types of hunting dogs:
- teaching dogs : used for small game birds.
- Bloodhounds: used to locate injured large game animals.
- Dog retrievers: used to take the little game.
- Revolt of dogs: used for hunting small game birds.
- dogs : used for furred game finding.
What dogs are prohibited from hunting?
It’s important to know that not all dogs are allowed in hunting. In the decree of August 1, 1986, article 8 stipulates that hunting greyhounds’ pure offspring » asa ” crusades » forbidden.
Different breeds of hunting dogs:
the Weimaraner very good pointing dog. This dog of German origin is dynamic and loving. He is known for his unique talent. He was also a good companion dog, very gentle with children.
- whole life : the life span of a Weimaraner is, on average, between 10 and 12 years.
- Tall and heavy : it weighs typically from 25 kg to 38 kg and measures from 58 cm to 70 cm.
- hair : his hair was very short, thick and very thick.
- Physical characteristics : this large dog is easily recognizable by its gray fur.
- HEALTH : The Weimaraner is very strong and has no major health problems.
L ‘Brittany Spaniel was originally a hunting dog said ” pause “. His physical ability makes him the ideal companion for long rides. Happy, gentle and honest, he has become a very good companion. He is a gentle dog with children, but not inhabited in an apartment.
- whole life : the life span of a Brittany Spaniel is, on average, between 12 and 14 years.
- Tall and heavy : males and females can weigh from 13 kg to 18 kg and measure from 46 cm to 50 cm.
- Feathers: this dog has fine, slightly curly hair.
- Physical characteristics : this is a dog with good clothes. It is usually white and black or white and brown.
- HEALTH : endowed with a strong frame, he knows almost no health problems.
the Beagle is a medium-sized dog, perfect for families, he is very happy and playful. He was a hunting dog larino but also a nice and hard -working pet. This dog is a bit stubborn, and very honest.
- whole life : the life span of a Beagle is, on average, between 10 and 12 years.
- Tall and heavy : males and females can weigh from 19 kg to 20 kg and measure from 45 cm to 50 cm.
- Hair: This dog has short and thick hair.
- Physical characteristics : Its fur has a very high resistance against weather obstacles.
- Health: Beagle is predisposed to certain diseases such as obesity, hypothyroidism (dysregulation of the thyroid gland) and hip dysplasia.
the fighter a sporty and courageous dog, it was formerly used as a fighting and hunting dog. He is a good shepherd dog, he is wary of strangers. Boxer is an outdoor dog, loves the good outdoors. It is perfect for families with children.
- whole life : the life expectancy of a Boxer, on average, between 10 and 12 years.
- Tall and heavy : A female weighs from 25 kg to 30 kg and measures from 53 cm to 60 cm. A male can weigh up to 35 kg and be about 63 cm tall.
- Hair: He was a smooth and haired dog.
- Physical characteristics : it is recognizable by its head and its large body. But also because of his annoying tendency to drool.
- Health: this dog may suffer from respiratory problems due to its short muzzle.
the Jack Russell, a strong, very active little dog with a hunting instinct and strong personality. He is able to run fast, but also to go underground to drive away wolves. This type of dog is very popular with hunters. It is a kind and friendly animal.
- whole life : the life span of a Jack Russell is, on average, between 13 and 16 years.
- Tall and heavy : it weighs typically from 5 kg to 8 kg and measures from 15 cm to 25 cm.
- Hair: her hair can be 2 different textures soft or hard.
- Physical characteristics : Jack Russel’s hair can be 2 different textures (soft or hard), relatively short and composed of primarily white with many or fewer colored spots (black or brown).
- Health: this breed of dog suffers from many hereditary diseases sometimes due to inbreeding. Such as dislocation of the patella that leads to a limping effect, or even ataxia, that affects the neurological system.
Adoption and dog should be done in a thoughtful way. If you want to hunt with a four-legged friend, ask yourself about your hunting style to select it and contact the hunters ’associations. They can help you find the right dog for you.